Product and Quantity
EZ Roll™ Gravel Paver, 13,00 sq. ft.
Infill: Native Decomposed Granite
1 University Station
Austin, TX 78712
Emergency Access Lane
University of Texas
Clean Scapes, Austin, TX
Bender, Wells, Clark Design San Antonio TX
The project was installed October 2010 to provide the University’s Student Activities Center with an emergency vehicle access lane that was also natural in appearance and aesthetically pleasing for the campus community. The lane is also used extensively as a walkway for students, so it was critical that an ADA compliant solution be used.
The site was revisited on June 6, 2011 as the UT Fire Prevention Services conducted a test of the fire lane with the Austin Fire Department.
The result? The test was a success, with the EZ Roll Gravel Paver supporting the weight of the truck with no lateral or vertical movement.
In the words of the UT FPS Engineer, the pavers “worked great!” A visual inspection of the site revealed that the pavers not only performed to standard but also blended neatly with the surrounding buildings and landscape, meeting the University’s requirements that they not only be functional but also natural in appearance.
For additional details on this project, please contact:
To learn more about EZ Roll Gravel Pavers, go to ndspro.com and search for “gravel pavers”.
More Information and Full Case Study PDFs to Download
- View our Case Studies Index Page for additional applications
- Download the full PDF case study: EZ Roll™ Gravel Paver, Emergency Access Lane for University of Texas
- Have a technical question? Contact Technical Services
- Want to specify EZ Roll™ Gravel Paver on your next project? Contact your Regional Specification Manager for technical design assistance, training seminars, and additional product information
- Looking for an EZ Roll™ Gravel Paver distributor or pricing information? Contact Customer Service
EZRoll™ Gravel Paver with geotextile fabric backing
Fire Lane Test on EZ Roll Gravel Paver.