Case Study Project Information : Dura Slope Trench Drain, Sacramento Int'l Airport, Exterior Drainage
Product & Quantity
Dura Slope & Cast Iron Grates 194 l. ft.
6900 Airport Boulevard Sacramento, California 95837
Sacramento International Airport
Corgan Associates, Inc.
Valley Crest Contractors
In 2008, the Sacramento County Airport System broke ground on the largest capital improvement project in the history of the County of Sacramento:
The Big Build
Designed by Corgan Associates, Inc., the $1.03 billion terminal modernization project replaced the airport's original, aging Terminal B to meet the rising demand for passenger services and improve the airport's ability to attract new carriers and routes.
The specifications called for Dura Slope as the drainage solution due to its ease of installation and proven performance. In an effort to use the highest quality construction while promoting a consistent aesthetic vision, Corgan wanted the strength of cast-iron with the look of steel.
Much to Corgan's appreciation, NDS quickly accommodated this request and painted the cast-iron to imitate galvanized steel.
The Dura Slope trench drain system consists of neutral and pre-sloped sections of trench drain. Manufactured from HDPE, this trench drain offers a durable alternative to concrete channels saving time and reducing the cost of installation. NDS Dura Slope is a high quality, dependable and best in class trench drain system that meets a variety of drainage needs.
Valley Crest Contractors was able to install the product quickly due to the lightweight nature of the material. The reduction in labor resulted in significant cost and time savings.
More Information and Full Case Study PDFs to Download
- View our Case Studies Index Page for additional applications
- Download the full PDF case study: Dura Slope Trench Drain, Sacramento Int'l Airport, Exterior Drainage
- Have a technical question? Contact Technical Services
- Want to specify EZ Roll Grass Paver on your next project? Contact your Regional Specification Manager for technical design assistance, training seminars, and additional product information
- Looking for an EZ Roll distributor or pricing information? Contact Customer Service
Dura Slope is a durable yet lightweight alternative to concrete channels that reduces the time and costs of installation.
Above Right: Detail of Installed Dura Slope with Cast-Iron Grate Above: The Finished Installation