Product and Quantity
NW Harris County MUD #6
Park Walkway and Vehicle Access Lane
One Source Landscaping, Richard Waggoner, Houston TX
Edminster, Hinshaw, Russ & Assoc. Houston TX
Municipal Utility Districts (MUDs) in the Houston area create parklike environments surrounding their equipment (such as pump and lift stations) when they are located in residential settings. The design intent for MUD #6 was to build a load-bearing, all-weather access to the lift station while maintaining an aesthetically pleasing pedestrian pathway of decomposed granite material. The landscape architect designed the space to include a network of DG walkways among landscaped areas, a water feature, and manicured turf.
The ADA approved walkways not only allow access to pedestrians, but also to maintenance crews, who can bring their vehicles up to the equipment without leaving evidence of their activity. This “park” is tucked away on a cul de sac in an established neighborhood.
The pavers were originally specified GP2, but the contractor submitted EZ Roll, and it was accepted. Asked about the installation, Richard reported,
The job has been completed for about a year and everyone is happy. The trucks can come in and do their work on the driveway, but you can't tell the paver is even there.
More Information and Full Case Study PDFs to Download
- View our Case Studies Index Page for additional applications
- Download the full PDF case study: EZ Roll™ Gravel Paver, Park Walkway and Vehicle Access Lane for Municipal Utility District
- Have a technical question? Contact Technical Services
- Want to specify EZ Roll™ Gravel Paver on your next project? Contact your Regional Specification Manager for technical design assistance, training seminars, and additional product information
- Looking for an EZ Roll™ Gravel Paver distributor or pricing information? Contact Customer Service
EZRoll™ Gravel Paver with geotextile fabric backing
Installation 1 year later, taken June 2011