Case Study Project Information: Dura Slope Trench Drain Installation, Ball Field Drainage at Huffhines Recreation Center
Product and Quantity
300 N. Plano Rd, Richardson, TX.
Ball Field Stands and Dugout Drainage.
City of Richardson TX Parks and Recreation Dept.
Barker Rinker Seacat Architecture.
Core Construction and Greenscaping.
The 25,000 square foot Huffhines Recreation Center in Richardson, Texas, was created to be a community-enhancing gathering place for activity and learning. Planned with input from Richardson residents, the building was designed in the spirit of the ball parks built in the early 1900s, and incorporated bricks quarried from an old brick road in the neighborhood. The building is a LEED facility.
Part of the grounds include a clover-leaf baseball and softball field complex. To ensure the facilities could drain quickly and effectively, the design required trench drains inside the foul-lines and in front of the dugouts.
The specifications called for a pre-sloped trench drain, and with the help of Longhorn Inc., Tracy Lemoine of Greenscaping submitted Dura Slope as the drainage solution for this project. Dura Slope was chosen because it exceeds the required performance, is easy to install, and is cost effective. The grates selected were black cast iron, selected for performance as well as aesthetics.
More Information and Full Case Study PDFs to Download
- View our Case Studies Index Page for additional applications
- Download the full PDF case study: Dura Slope Trench Drain, Huffhines Recreation Center
- Have a technical question? Contact Technical Services
- Want to specify Dura Slope Trench Drain on your next project? Contact your Regional Specification Manager for technical design assistance, training seminars, and additional product information
- Looking for a Dura Slope Trench Drain distributor or pricing information? Contact Customer Service
Completed ball field drainage at Huffhines Rec Center.
DS-231 cast iron grates were mitered and spot-welded to accommodate the custom angle above.
The NDS 18" square grate in cast iron.