Product and Quantity
Dura-Flo Inline Check Valve, 1100 LF (SFCV-BR-6412-10)
The Market Place
2915 El Camino Real
Tustin, CA 92782
Spray to Drip Conversion
February 11, 2011
The Irvine Company
Until 2011, the owners of the Market Place Shopping Center in Tustin, CA had been utilizing spray irrigation to water the landscaping, with mixed results. On the plus side, the plants were watered regularly. The downside? The grounds beyond the landscaped areas were also getting soaked, which meant water run-off onto sidewalks and parked cars. To conserve water and prevent customer’s cars from being sprayed, a drip irrigation system was recommended.
After back-and-forth communication between Mission Landscapes and the NDS technical team, the Check Valve was determined to be the ideal solution. To ensure a smooth transition, several representatives from NDS were on site to support the contractor during installation. The result: Straightforward installation and a more efficient, water saving system than the Irvine Company had been using prior.
The project was specified with Netafim’s TLCV Dripperline and Low Flow Drip Zone Kit, but as the Netafim Dripperline only extends to a certain length, more product would have to be installed than if a suitable alternative were used.
With research, an alternative was found: a newly launched product from Agrifim called the Dura-Flo Inline Check Valve. Agrifim’s low profile emitter has a flat design for reduced pressure loss, allowing for longer lateral runs – in turn, this reduces the material used and saves the contractor valuable installation time.
The advantages of using Dura-Flo Inline Check Valve for this application are:
- Drip Application: Water is applied directly to the plant zone resulting in less run-off and better plant health.
- Check Valve Feature: Water is conserved between irrigation cycles. Check valve seals off at 2 PSI and eliminates low head drainage.
- Length of Tubing: With long runs there is less material used, resulting in more time and money saved.
- Standardized: Accepts industry standard 17mm barbed insert fittings.
More Information and Full Case Study PDFs to Download
- View our Case Studies Index Page for additional applications
- Download the full PDF case study: Dura-Flo Inline Check Valve, The Market Place for The Irvine Company
- Have a technical question? Contact Technical Services
- Want to specify Dura-Flo Inline Check Valve on your next project? Contact your Regional Specification Manager for technical design assistance, training seminars, and additional product information
- Looking for an Dura-Flo distributor or pricing information? Contact Customer Service
An even and measured supply of water is important for plant health, and that’s something these plants weren’t getting prior to the Agrifim Dripperline being installed. Then add the check valve feature to prevent low head drainage, and you get increased water savings - it’s a win-win.
Business Development Manager of Efficient Irrigation at NDS, Inc.
The Dura-Flo Inline Check Valve saves more water than regular dripperlines. This is due to pressure compensating emitters that hold water in the system and prevent low head drainage.
Spray to Drip Conversion
Installed Dura-Flo Inline Check Valve